Monday, July 4, 2011

happy 4th

Fereshteh volunteered to watch the girls on Saturday morning, so Jill and I rode our bikes without kids seats or trailer. Jill dusted off the Gunnar, and I rode the trusty blue trek. To date, we've been having fantastically pleasant summer weather, but Sat was HOT (heat index 102, ouch). Did that phase us in the least? Hah! We rode to Mahomet with a short visit to Lake of the Woods. Lunch was at Hen House (philly cheese was pretty good (keep in mind everything tastes good after a scorching ride)).
Did I mention it was hot? We were away from home from about 10:30 am to 2:45 pm. We heard that Clara was sometimes difficult to handle (I, for one, don't believe this at all. She is our perfect angel child). Fereshteh has offered to watch the girls again.
On Sunday after church, we picnicked in Champaign with friends Jarrod and Jessie.
Clara and Janny wore matching dresses to church and the picnic.
I don't know when the following captured event happened. That doesn't look like my smiling, bouncing baby girl. Probably someone at 707 Cafe pinched her or something.
This morning, co-worker Ivan and I rode with the Prairie Cycle club. Their plan was to ride around C-U, but Ivan and I turned back at Lake of the Woods to take a slightly shorter way home. Ivan was on his brand spanking new Felt. Thankfully I don't have a problem with covetousness, so I was happy on my Look. I will try to get my right pedal to stop squeaking before the next ride.

No softball this week because of America's birthday. Happy birthday USA!

No comments: