Thursday, February 25, 2010

deep freeze

This winter is putting us through the grinder. Since we returned from Park City, I think only one day has reached 32 degrees. Guess what day it rained. Now, I'm a big fan of winter; I love snow, my allergies are non-existent, and I can always wear another layer. But a warm spell would really soothe the soul right about now.

On Saturday, we took a pizza ride to the southwest Jupiter's. Uh, the reason Jill pulled the chariot was, um, because she wanted the exercise and I needed a recovery ride. Except sadly, I didn't need a recovery ride since I haven't ridden fast in over a month.
At the home front, daddy and baby still smile a lot.
Another winter highlight is wearing a favorite sweater as Clara demonstrates.
Clara's outings have generally been limited to eating out and going to church and Bible study. On Tuesday night, we reached further and took her to our adopt-a-student's symphony at Krannert. The first two songs by the opening high school band went fine. Then 'Vesuvius' opened with a BANG!!! (two 1 by 4 planks slapped together). Clara jerked forward, breathed in, and wailed. So Jill and Clara listened to most of the remaining pieces in the hallway with another mother and 11 month son.

No comments: