Thursday, August 13, 2009

some nesting

No less than two people asked this week if our baby had been born yet.  Nope, and I agree that time is slogging along.  On the other hand, there is a certain terror rising for my impending fatherhood that need not accelerate.  36 weeks today.  Jill is off the meds.

But that doesn't mean that I'm sitting around in a nervous pool of dread.  Oh no!  Baby equipment has been assembled, understood, and tested with Raggedy Ann.

My latent green thumb has slightly surfaced.  These flowers had been in planters on our porch until I got the gumption to dig up some grass and put them in some fine IL soil.  Mercifully, they are still alive after 3 days.

Softball playoffs started this week, and Jill made her glorious return to the stands on Monday.  We won our first round game, but I am sad to report my performance: 4 bad plays in the outfield and only one hit.  Had the 4th bad play been good, the game would have ended.  Instead, we scored 3 runs in the bottom of the inning to win, the winner resulting from an outfield error with 2 outs.  I know how you feel, friend.

2 comments:

Ragfield said...

It's good that you're getting prepared. Melissa just gave birth a week and a half early and it kind of caught by surprise. I thought there was still plenty of time to get things done before the baby arrived. Not so much. Good luck in the coming weeks.

-Rob

Chelsea S. said...

36 weeks! ..and the miracle just keeps getting better and better! :)