Tuesday, August 4, 2009

ahead of the curve

Today was another successful visit to the doctor. Clara's performance in the non-stress test absolutely dominated; people are now questioning her age. I'm not sure that I can handle the pressure of raising a prodigy, so I offer up a couple of possible explanations. First, we gave her steriods. Probably she would test negative since it happened nearly two months ago, but I'm coming out a la Fausto Coppi rather than, say, every other pro athlete. Second, she may actually be a week or so older than listed because we just don't keep accurate records of these things.

The upshot is that Jill doesn't have to visit the doctor next week.

The updated mixte is on the road. I traded the unwanted parts from the bike to the seller in exchange for the front basket and rear rack. The white stripe on the black fender was Jill's idea, spray paint by me. Eventually, we'll get some shopping panniers for the rear rack.

I harvested about 6 plum tomatoes from our tomato plants at Raisin and Kiwi's house. At the time, Matt was in the backyard talking to a home repairman, so there was much excitement happening outside. I saw bright, smily kids watching the action from the window. Here's what it looked like from inside.

No comments: