Saturday, October 25, 2008

largest Ute load yet

This morning I got up a little earlier than the lovely lady. What to do? How about ride the Ute to the grocery store. LL had made a list already, so off I went.

Here's a older pic of the Ute in action. Since this photo, we've added folding steel baskets on each side and replaced the tall gray basket with a shorter and longer red basket (thanks Edie!).


Here's the goods still in the bags. I underestimated the amount of stuff on the list, so I had to get 2 plastic bags.



Inspired by the book Hungry Planet: What the world eats by Peter Menzel and Faith D'Aluisio, here's me with the goods. For the book, they traveled the world taking photos of families with the food they eat during a week. The most striking part of the book was that one family in a developing country didn't understand the meaning of 'favorite food'. I'd say we're quite blessed here in the USA.

That's 60 lbs of food (and laundry goods) for $74.

And here's Monday's fruit-and-veggie haul to complete our portrait. LPO box: $28.

No comments: