Sunday, December 2, 2007

enjoying cyclocross racing

Did my second cyclocross race yesterday. It was much more successful than my first of one week ago. Last week's race was at night in the cold on the snow. Here's a photo from my buddy Moscaline. See his blog from Nov 25th for a nice report and pictures from his race.
I'm running on the wrong side of the bike, but at least I'm staying warm enough.

Yesterday, Jill had errands to run, so she wasn't there to photograph me. I stayed for the first lap of the A race. Here's how it's supposed to be done.


On the first short hill of my first race, my chain got jammed on my frame. It took a minute or two to get it fixed, at which time my fellow racers were nowhere to be seen. I had hoped to learn a few tricks from them by watching them go first, but didn't get this chance until after a few laps.

In the second race, I had no bike troubles and slightly better skills. Also there was daylight and warmth. As a result, I did much better. Results are found here: http://www.nmcross.com/nmcs7.htm

1 comment:

Tarik Saleh said...

Well done, you will be in the A's next year for sure!

Our basement flooded in the rains and made me disinclined to race this weekend as I was cleaning and reguttering. Bleagh!

Well done!