Friday, January 18, 2008

a fun coincidence

This evening I stopped by to meet in person a guy that I know through the amazingly informative and fun bicycle internet discussion group 'i-bob'. The main objective of the meeting was to buy a bike part, but I was excited to meet another bike rider in the area.

While looking at his very nice bike collection, I saw his cars, including a newish orange Citroen. I said, "I saw an orange Citroen just like that in Taos about a year ago." He said, "That was probably mine... I don't know of any other in the area." I thought, well, that's just too funny. It was parked right outside the hotel room that we stayed at for the weekend.

But then it gets better. I relate the story to Jill, and she said, "We actually took a picture of it." What I remember is that I really enjoyed repeatedly saying "Citroen" with a Frenchish accent.



Is it really yours, Ryan?

UPDATE: Yup, it's his. If you see a lovely orange Citroen, give the driver a wave. Or better yet, say, 'Why aren't you riding your bike????!!!'

No comments: