Sunday, February 12, 2012

Park City trip

My side of the family took our nearly annual trip to Park City, Utah last week.  Not surprisingly, we had a fantastic time.  During my youth, I would ski every day with my dad.  This year the schedule went like this:  Sun: church and super bowl, Mon:  downtown Park City wandering, Tues:  skiing at Park City Mountain (Jill and girls went to Red Rock), Wed: Chad and Jill snowshoe, Thurs: indoor playground, Fri:  downtown wandering, Sat: back home.  We swam three times (Clara went into the big pool with cousin Anna on the 3rd trip) in the outdoor heated pool (no small amount of energy needed to heat said pool).

I was 2 years old on my first trip, exactly the same age as Clara this time around.  Unlike when I went, Clara and Janny had two older cousins to play with.  Clara and Erin demonstrate a surprising amount of attitude here.
We think Urbana should have an indoor playground.  However, the view from the wi-fi and big-screen equipped parents' lounge (to which a local deli will gladly deliver your sandwich) would not look like Monkey Moutain's.
 Clara and Janny had so much fun there.  We played for about 3 hours.

 On Friday night, we drove to Heber City to eat at Dairy Keen, the most insane kid-oriented restaurant I can handle.  They serve burgers and corn dogs along with shakes while a train circles the room along the ceiling.  Being Utah, most families have about a zillion kids and there are a zillion families at the Keen on a Friday night.
I was pretty sure that no one was allowed in the cockpit since 9/11, but Clara used her charm to claim the co-pilot's seat.  She also scored a whole bag full of peanut snack packs from the snack guy.  She thought that was the best thing ever until she learned that she was carrying peanuts.  Clara no likey peanuts.
In part 2, I'll show more pictures with snow.  Despite this being a relatively poor snow year, there was some fine skiing and snowshoeing to be had.

No comments: