Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy holidays

The house is too quiet right now as Clara is sleeping and the rest of the crew has gone home. Our huge pile of snow melted, and I'm back to work. Go new year!
We visited one of the few (3?) hills in town for some wild sledding. We skipped the run with the jump in the middle because the hard packed snow was fast enough for our gang.
I took Clara on a couple runs with me. She neither loved nor hated it. I take that as a good sign.
The Martinez crew got Clara a super fun bath toy. It's a pump and faucet combo with fun buckets. Soon she'll be ready to do my reverse osmosis experiments while I sip pina coladas by the pool.
Family portrait with our brand new fake tree and home made star (thanks Grandpa and Grandma!).
Couch shot of the cousins. Unsurprisingly, getting all 3 to look at the camera and smile was too difficult for us.
In biking news, I rode with the Wild Card gang on both New Year's eve and the day itself. Both days were windy, and the second day was terribly cold as well. Nice photo evidence as usual is on Paul's blog. I'm pleased with my condition though I'm quite impressed at how strong the strong guys are already.

Of course, the upcoming baby will very likely chop my riding time. We visited the doctor today and Janny and Jill are doing great. She (Janny) weighs approx 3 3/4 lbs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want a bath toy like that! Clara does look like the serious scientist!
Mom/Grandma K

Lisa said...

We are glad she likes the bath toy! It looked like fun to us!
The Martinez family