Sunday, April 25, 2010

wet weekend

This was a good weekend to be a duck. After numerous sunny days spent in the office, we had much rain.
Did the rain stop our adventures? Nope, they were accentuated. We walked to the library to get some fiction and came out to a downpour. Somehow, we only have 1 umbrella that Jill used to keep the baby dry.
How is it that Jill looks wetter than I do? For the above photo, I had already taken off my rainjacket. Both of our pants and shoes were soaked through.
Rain makes me feel more philosophical. The following question came to me while on my ride to Block in the rain: (Sidenotes: a handful of fields already had corn plants poking out of the ground. I didn't take the camera for fear of destroying it. Finding a spot to hang wet bike clothes after wet walk clothes was tough.) how have we changed since becoming parents? Short answer: I'm less introspective [joking]. One minor change is that not only have we not watched a new movie in the last year, we haven't even been interested [that includes you, Avatar]. Maybe Clara brings us enough extra drama and laughter?

My boss told me that I would now _always_ have worries about my kid in the back my mind. Other than the usual stress of preparing her to become a visionary world leader, it's hard to think of specific worries. Maybe that's the rub -- they wouldn't seem so big if we could name them.

We bought this cool toy for Clara on Saturday even though officially she's too young. The animals and farmer can move all around the farmyard. She likes it nearly as much as an empty cereal box.

1 comment:

Jaime Olson said...

I'm guessing that anything that comes remotely close to an empty cereal box is a huge hit! Great work, parents!