Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter

Our first easter as a family of three was today. Christ is risen! 'I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.' Ezekiel 36:26

Our adopt-a-student Eric came over for a lunch of pork tenderloin (with mojo sauce), rice, green beans, lettuce, and strawberries. Yummy!

The family portrait was taken during the sunny part of the day.
Clara will be 7 months old this week. She's starting to eat solid foods. First was rice cereal mixed with formula. Now, Jill has put our new mill to use, making sweet potatoes, bananas, and carrots. SP were the best. Below, Clara enjoys some carrots.
Clara is developing a sense of MINE. She cries when we take toys away or when she drops them on the floor. Don't fear because Jill is already on the case. She and Clara play pass the ball (thanks, Grandma K) and celebrate each good pass.

Call me a wimp, but I skipped the morning team bike ride during a downpour so that I could ride in sunshine in the afternoon on Sat. I rode around Homer Lake, sailing there in about 30 min with a strong tailwind and grinding into the wind back for over an hour. I'm partly following friend Mark's program of 3 20 minute intervals. Mine were 12, 20, and 5 min. Not terrible by me.

No comments: