Wednesday, October 7, 2009

1 month!

Clara is now a month old! She celebrated by getting checked out by Dr. B. She comes in at 8lb, 2oz, and 21" long, the 25th percentile of both measures. She is doing quite well. Jill, on the other hand, just got mastitis, so she's not feeling so well.

Clara continues to be among your less difficult babies, but there are moments. Recently, she has become terribly upset and cried quite loudly for about an hour a day. Typically, this happened between 11p and 12a, but once it was between 3:30a and 4:30a. So I've been using my non-Jedi mind tricks to convince her to (a) feel decent all the time or (b) become upset during normal wakeful hours. For the last 2 days, this has been a success.


I'm trying to not go too far with the mind tricks, but I confess that I did one other thing. Before the training, Clara was going #2 about once a day (no small amount) and waited until I was home from work to do so. I have convinced her to do this activity while I'm at work. Jill is not fully pleased about this.
Numerous church friends have been bringing dinner. Even though we have an 'easy' baby, these meals have been greatly appreciated.
Most recently, the above friends had a great plan and brought themselves over along with the dinner.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh, Jill...no fun at all. I hope you feel better soon! And Chad, if you keep saying "easy baby" I give Jill permission to hit you on the head! We miss you guys, kiss Clara for us!

Judy said...

I'm anxious to see the Raggety Ann comparison...Love you guys.
Mom

Chad said...

Sister Lisa makes a good point -- caring for the baby is a relentless task. I prefer to write about the sunny side of life, but more happens here than just wiggles and smiles. Maybe soon I'll describe a typical day with Clara.

Leigh Ann said...

ugh! mastitis = no fun! i've had it twice since having evie. i never had it with kaelyn so i don't know what has brought it on this time. i DO know that it feels horrible and i am so sorry you have to feel that. i hope you are able to get some extra rest and feel better quickly!!