Wednesday, September 23, 2009

tummy time!

We're starting to get into a bit of a routine with the baby lately. It generally looks like this: 1. feed baby for 1 hour and 2A. baby sleeps for 2 hours or 2B. baby looks around for 2 hours. Give or take a half hour to an hour for each of those steps and you have our life. Well, the gals' lives when I am at work during the day.

The great book of parenting says that tummy time can start immediately. We tried it out on Clara, and she had a good time. She can lift her head and turn from one side to the other. When she gets tired, she drops her face onto the ground. This looks painful, but she doesn't seem to mind too much.
Mid-flight!

The great parenting book also says that babies like to look at bright, moving objects. I wear this shirt all the time now.

My birthday was Monday. A friend from church introduces me to other people with the comment that I'm older than I look. I sure am getting older, but mentally I don't feel it yet. This can be good and bad. My current favorite activities are holding the baby and riding my bike. Far down the list is work.

A bunch of friends came over to eat ice cream and celebrate my birthday. Clara was the star of the show. She turned 2 weeks old.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic! I'm loving the new blog-star, Ms. Clara!

Cody

Edie Guess said...

i like how her knees and toes are up when her head is up! she is working hard! and I always thought it looked painful too when they would get tired and bang their heads on the floor - but like you said, it must NOT!

als said...

Your blog is oozing love for little Clara...so happy for you guys!! What an adventure. Our 8 week old drops to the floor face-first when tired during tummy time and boy does he squeal about it...and he's a pretty easy-going guy (compared to #1!). So it must hurt at least sometimes!

Love reading your updates! (Amy and Reuel)