Sunday, September 20, 2009

all Clara, all the time

Some big milestones this week. First, great-grandpa and aunt and uncle came down from MI for a short visit. Then, all our guests left us to own devices. Mom left for home and then a well-deserved vacation on Thurs. Fereshteh found a place to rent and took a short trip to visit her brother this weekend. But we still have 3; one more than was 'normal'.

We didn't take a picture because of the rain and Clara's hunger, but we rode bikes to church today, day 13. I pulled Clara in the trailer (I upgraded from InStep to Burley via craigslist this week. Big thumbs up on the Burley.). We put her in the carseat and strapped that into the trailer. By riding less than 10 mph, there was less jostling than a stoller ride. I'm quite pleased.

I'm writing this while still slightly rattled from Clara's spitting up episode tonight. After the explosions, she was quite pale with a blank look on her face. I try to be a calm dad trusting her life and health to her heavenly Father, but watching her suffer eats me up. Everyone says the worries only increase as the kid grows. Yikes!

3 comments:

Edie Guess said...

that must have been quite the spit up episode! she is adorable and just gets more and more adorable with each day! its great that you already have her out on the bike!

Ragfield said...

I'd be very interested to see your burley trailer setup with the car seat. I've been wanting to do something similar, but so far Melissa has ruled it out :(

-Rob

Lisa said...

I think you do worry less after a couple of months. There is nothing like your first child freaking you out. And just when you think you understand her...she will change on you! But enjoy the ride!