Sunday, June 14, 2009

phew

Another much too eventful week in the march toward Clara's arrival. We spent Thurs - Sat at the hospital due to pre-term contractions. Mercifully, we're home now but Jill is on bed rest.

A few thoughts from the stay:

You may have heard about the time I fainted and cracked my head on the floor during a previous hospital visit. Not surprisingly, there is an official disease for a propensity to faint at hospitals. I'm healed now. My disease got pushed away by anger and frustration towards hospitals two years ago, and I also learned how fighter pilots tense core muscles during high g maneuvers.

Time passes unevenly at hospitals. We went to the hospital at 4am on Thurs. On Thurs night I alternated sleeping poorly on the floor and in a recliner. We slept off and on both day and night the rest of our stay. Looking forward to and watching NBA, NHL, and PGA helped mark the time.

Staying indoors for 3 days was a nice reprieve from spring allergies. I'd rather be outside.

Jill and Clara took steroids, so no Olympic trials this year for them.

If you're a single guy looking for a gal, I'd recommend checking out your local nursing school. Our nurses were all quite sweet and kind (do they run out of kindness after work?), but they were all married or engaged.

I hope we don't go back for another 2 months.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm glad you were happy with your nurses! We are a fickle group; mostly good, some bad. Don't be afraid to request not to have a bad one again...ask for the charge nurse or nurse manager of that unit! We are praying for Jill and Clara!

Tim said...

We're thankful to God that everything turned out okay! We'll keep praying for you all!

Chad said...

I should have mentioned that I'm biased in favor of nurses because my sister is one. Thanks, Lisa.

Jill said...

Our nurses were so, so great. I kept thinking of you, Lisa, and how difficult and useful your job is!