Wednesday, February 25, 2009

springing ahead and waiting

The calendar says February, but the weather says late spring! Yesterday was my first bike ride of the year in shorts, and that feat was repeated today. The big boy blue bike is all dressed up and ready for the nice part of the year, which is approximately now until late December.


I installed the above set of handlebars with their nice round curves, replaced the g-springs in the right shifter, and put in new cables and casing. The biggest style improvement is the new bar tape color. What a great time we live in! Bars can be dressed in blue, or nearly any color of their choosing, rather than standard, boring black.

In more serious news, I have an interview in Fort Wayne in a couple weeks. I'm still awaiting the results of the 2 previous interviews. I'm not loving the waiting (a month passes before decisions are made, months pass before interviews are granted, how long did I spend in school?), but hopefully some good will be added to my character.

1 comment:

Leyla said...

Concerning the weather: Luckyyyyyy! (a la Napoleon Dynamite).
Concerning the interviews: Good Luck! ;")