Monday, August 25, 2008

slow goings

After all the excitement of vacation and traveling to MI, we've not been inspired to update the ole blog. Day to day life pretty much goes on as per usual. However, there are a couple longer term items of note.

First is that we are marching through the process of becoming foster parents. We turned in about 20 pages of personal info last week, and we'll be interviewed in person next week at our home. So if you have a kid and live in NM and are thinking of doing something really foolish, consider that your kid could be under our care soon. Beware!

Second, my ambition of moving to another group in the lab is looking promising. The first phase will likely involve me working half-time in my current group and the rest in the new group. What's the new group? Analyzing the prospects of biofuels, with particular emphasis on fuels from algae. What's my current group? To be honest, I'm not sure. Can you see why I want to move?

Here's the family in MI. Ricky is SO cool!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good looking family! Thanks again for coming. Mom