Friday, August 15, 2008

on the leading edge of fashion

You might have incorrectly assumed that I am not hip to current fashion trends. While riding home from work, I happened to notice a young man wearing an NBA jersey in a trendy new way. His jersey was on backwards! That's right, as he was walking towards me, I was confronted with the word 'Iverson', rather than '76ers' (this is an old jersey -- is retro coming back again? I say no.).

Well, in my mind, this requires a response. If I were a follower of trends, I would have immediately turned my shirt around. Instead, I claim to be the first to counter this trend by wearing my shirt normalwise.

Staying on this leading edge is challenging, even for me. During the meteoric gasoline price rise, I was growing rather concerned about the increasing number of fellow bicycle commuters. Thankfully, with gasoline essentially being given away, this trend will be cut off before it really gains momentum. I'd hate to join the bus riders, and our roads are too rough for dorky roller-blading.

I conclude with two trendy tips. Jill says, 'tea is the new coffee.' She also says, 'ride road bikes offroad.'

1 comment:

Tarik Saleh said...

Chickens are the new bees

. Congrats on the mountain of paperwork proceedings and best of luck.