Saturday, June 28, 2008

to the crest

The event of the day was to ride the Sandia Crest. The Crest is 5500 ft above our lil' apartment and 30 miles away as the bike rides. The degree of difficulty of the ride requires special 'athletic food' so as to prevent riders from collapsing before the finish.

That there is a black forest brownie and apricot scone from Sweet Blessings.
This is my attempt at the Moscaline photo method. I need more practice. We're having a lot of fun near the start of the climb. There aren't any photos further up the mountain because we split up to ride at our own paces, and also because I couldn't spare the energy to lift the camera out of my basket.

By a marvel of modern technology, I simultaneously took photos of myself on the crest and Jill and I in our parking lot. It's hard to pick me out of the crowd in the photo above, but I'm the guy with the yellow hat. Sadly, Jill is not in the photo. I started back down before she reached the top, and she was happy enough to forego the last mile in favor of the quicker green chile cheeseburger. Use the red arrows if necessary to find us in the photos.
My shirt normally doesn't have white stripes along the edge of my shoulder blades. Yep, it was pretty hot. But it was also cold when we first started down from the crest, and colder still when we got rained on.
So tomorrow's plan is to watch the Germans and Spaniards kick a little ball on the pitch. Even the bbb's need some rest now and again.

1 comment:

Tarik Saleh said...

Well done! Jill has a career as a model to incite cyclists to eat nonpower food before, after, during and in lieu of a ride.