Sunday, May 18, 2008

Repeat ride

The first of my 3 3-day weekends in a row just flew by. Nothing as coincidental and exciting as last week, just a very nice set of events. On Friday we visited the local Flying Star.

I had a butter cookie with lemonade. We brought books, but didn't read them as there was too much interesting stuff to discuss. I also sent my resume to 3 engineering companies in town that are advertising jobs. Even though I did this online, and hence nearly anonymously, it's still stressful. I really don't like job hunting-- in fact this is really the first time I've had to do so. School lasted a long time, and then I was asked if I wanted my last 2 jobs. Call me crazy, but I just don't like getting rejected.
On Saturday, we rode to the same place as last week, but found some gravel roads in the area. The going is slower which allows for more time to enjoy the scenery. Take note of the bag on Jill's bike: it's a brand new Carradice Pendle, supported by a Velo Orange rack. It's a great size for a short day ride since it can fit a raincoat, some food, camera, books, and more. Very excellent!

After eating GCCBs at Burger Boy, we took a detour up Monticello Road. We are really blessed to live in such a beautiful place.

Some final thoughts: the recipients of our economic stimulus rebate were International Development Enterprises, World Vision (for Myanmar specifically), and ABQ Rescue Mission... We've been thinking about hell recently. We might write a post here someday, but it would probably be too long for this format... We're thinking about parking all bikes indoors this summer and putting a table on our porch. That way we'll be the fogies sitting on the porch watching the people walk by. Hopefully, we'll chat.... Speaking of which, a neighbor was grilling ribs while I was grilling hot dogs. She says grill for 30 minutes on low for medium rare. Periodically douse the ribs with marinade (water, vinegar, nature seasoning?, and honey). Also, buy the ribs when ribeye and prime rib are on sale as this means extra ribs are available. She offered me some, but I declined. Was that dumb?

2 comments:

Tarik Saleh said...

Thats a sugar cookie chad.
Let me know if you want to be my post-doc.
Enjoy the heats!

Chad said...

I think my cookie name is correct, but I haven't been back to confirm. Whatever the name, it's good.

Jill is anti-LA, and I'm getting a big head. So I think you'd have to offer an LTE at least :)

I'm loving the heat. Bring summer on!