Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Vegetable transportation device

Here's where I was while Chad was climbing Heartbreak Hill. I was drinking tea and eating a pineapple scone.


On Saturday we visited the Army surplus store, and now I've got these stylish panniers (that's bicycle for saddle bags). This is what they look like loaded with fruits and vegetables and library books.


And, since several friends have asked lately, here's what was in the box from Los Poblanos this week: celery, strawberries, blueberries, grapes, spinach, radishes, lettuce, peaches, baby squash, onions and an avocado (the bread is an optional add-on). At $25, I doubt if it's cheaper than grocery store produce. It's organic. I like that some of it's local, and nothing comes from farther away than CA. And I like the weekly lesson on what's in season now, and the inspiration to cook and eat different stuff. Last week I visited the "Farmer's Market" (it's a store, not a market) at the corner of Eubank and Cloudview for the first time. Their produce looked yummy. Anyone got other recommendations for produce in Abq?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tarik Saleh said...

Nice army panniers! And feed that skinny guy, he is wasting away into a bike racer!

Jennifer said...

I haven't personally gotten any produce from them, but Erda Gardens produce is all local. Their address is http://www.erdagardens.org/

The Gardener's Guild in Nob Hill is a nice place if you'd like to grow things yourself.