Monday, January 7, 2013

Beginnings

Happy new year!  Today was my first day working at Wolfram Research, Inc.  My office (okay, technically a cube) is on the 6th floor with a fine view of Assembly Hall, Memorial Stadium, and train tracks.  I'm part of a group of Q/A workers, and I should to work a decent amount with friend Joel.  

My head is still spinning as a result of the career change and the amount of stuff to learn for the new job.  But not having to deal with uncertain work contracts or look for a job is a huge burden off my shoulders.  


Janny sometimes talks in complete sentences now, but by far her favorite words are 'woody', 'buzz', and 'watch a movie'.  'My turn' is shouted when I am flinging the girls around.  She likes to practice using the potty, so she could be fully potty trained soon.  Jill and I (mostly Jill) is not quite ready to face the training yet.

Clara ate eggs for the first time ever tonight.  Maybe because I cooked them?  This makes us very happy since eggs are quick and easy to create.  She loves to color right now with big crayons and markers.  If someone is working with her, she'll make an attempt at coloring specific items on drawings.  Otherwise, she likes to fill the page with long lines and several different colors.  



A few times per day, the girls play together.  They color, play with legos, and run/dance around.  Of course, they are adorable when they play nice, but the extra bonus is that mom and dad can spend tens of minutes at a time working on other things (like sweeping the floor).  Better times are ahead for sure!

2 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

DIdn't know you were going to work at Wolfram. I used to work there! ~Leigh Ann

Chad said...

I know! All of the cool kids work (or worked) there!