Sunday, August 15, 2010

melted

I'm writing this post with the a/c off and the windows open. After 2 weeks, the heat has broken. During that time, I would walk outside at 10pm, and it would be hot. I would ride to work in the morning, and it would be very warm.

Clara managed to find entertainments during her more often than usual interior confinement. To her dismay, many of our cabinets are locked, but the pots and pans are accessible.
We played in the garage one night and learned that the floor is very dirty. Note Clara's knees and hands. Soon she will be walking. Sooner, we'll wash the floor.
On Saturday morning we volunteered at Salt and Light, made relatively famous becauseExtreme Makeover rebuilt the leader's home and provided truckloads of goods. I didn't bring my camera, so no photos with the somewhat famous family. S&L gave out hundreds of backpacks filled with school supplies to families that waited in line for quite some time to get them. Jill and I walked the line handing out cups of water.

After church today, we went to lunch with John and Nancy and a couple law students. Zack is from Fremont and went to Cal. There are hundreds of people that fit this description, but two of them meeting in Urbana rarely happens.

Other than my commute, not much bike riding has been happening. Today I rode to my favorite destination, Homer Lake. Felt soooo nice.

No comments: