Sunday, November 8, 2009

2 months yes

Clara is 2 months old, so time to check her growth. She weighs about 10 lbs and is getting quite close in size to Raggedy Ann. Of course, she has a long way to go to match RA's hair.
We're still quite happy when friends visit and get to see the baby.
My grandparents have a poster in a bathroom that has two photos of a boy sitting on a chamber pot. In the first photo, he looks like Clara below, and the caption reads, 'I use Dr. Carter's liver pills.'
In the second photo he looks like this, and the caption is 'I DON'T!'
A minor parenting disappointment to date is that Clara is not overjoyed to see me when I get home from work. I assume that this will change rather soon. But maybe the real question is how long that phase will last. I'm hoping at least 12 years, and 18 would be fantastic.
I really hope that Clara doesn't perfect this look when she sees me. We'll work on detraining this expression straight away.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

You are so funny. Her sad face does look like that picture. Even my girls agreed!