Sunday, July 5, 2009

big 30

We're 30 weeks into pregnancy now, which sounds like a very impressive number to me. At the last dr. appointment, Clara weighed in at 3 lbs. Jill says, 'That's nothing! We wanna see 6 lbs.' By the way, doesn't she look smaller than she did 2 weeks ago? I think it's the shirts. In any case, she feels huuuuge.
A good number of friends visited this week. Jill is very thankful for the visits and is always happy to see people.

That's Donovan, not Clara, in the photo below.

Jill's mom took the long weekend off to visit Mr. Smith, but she's back now. I managed to cook a couple of meals and do a few dishes in her absence. The rest of the time, I soaked in Jill's leisurely lifestyle.
On Sundays, Jill's mom and I ride to church together. It's a flat sub-2 mile ride through some pleasant neighborhoods. She hasn't expressed interest in my club's Wed night ride. Maybe later.

A new development is that a neighbor has taken to singing loudly on her porch. When we first heard the noise, we assumed she was wailing in grief. I'm no judge of singing ability, but I sense improvement over the last few days.

1 comment:

Edie Guess said...

three cheers for 30!!! God is SUPER DUPER!