Sunday, February 3, 2008

business idea

As part of piecing together my weltanschauung -- perhaps more on that later -- I've come up with a sure-fire business plan. Feel free to use it because (1) I'm sort of busy with my current job and (b) I don't have any capital with which to start it.

Here goes: A new health insurance company. Now you might be saying, that's really dumb, there's a gagillion of those already. The critical difference is that this company doesn't ALLOW for tests that use expensive, high tech equipment (e.g., http://www.gehealthcare.com/usen/mr/index.html and http://www.gehealthcare.com/usen/fun_img/index.html). Another feature of the company is that the CEO won't be paid $120 million per year like William W McGuire of United Healthcare (healthcare provider for my work). How about $100k? All the details need to be worked out, but this is just a blog, not a free business plan center.

So now, more people can afford health care. Great! They just won't have the best possible technogadgets at their service. Could be a bummer. But now more people get decent treatment.

No comments: