Saturday, January 12, 2008

rack on rack

We got a message from our landlord saying that porches aren't for 'storing stuff'. I don't know about you, but I don't consider bike parking to be 'storing stuff'. But we don't want to cause any trouble, so we have come up with this new solution. Let's hope it goes over well.





We picked up this handy rack from our favorite bike shop (Cycle Cave on Menaul). I had first used only zip ties wrapped once around the rack and my rack, but after two bumps, 4 of the 6 broke. Plan b was using velcro straps. Excellent!


Here's what we had before. The old grill is used as rack. Note that my gray bike is not locked to it yet because it is holding the new rack.

Here's 4 bikes locked to the new rack. Since the photo was taken, we moved it about a foot to the right. Much better I think.

If you're interested in a well-used grill, it's now in the dumpster outside our apt complex. We had left it outside our old house for someone to take. Someone did take the propane tank but left the grill. I guess it's not worth much. Anyway, the garbage truck comes Monday.

No comments: