Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Paint, Pies, and Pterodactyls

Too much blah, blah, blah in recent posts. Here are some photos.


Got the baby blue bicycle frame back from George the local framebuilder this week. He added a bunch of brazeons. Jill's talking to a painter soon. In a shocking turn of events, the bbb may be painted orange. Stay tuned.

Jill was in a pie baking frenzy lately. Lucky for me and a few friends too! This was a very fine lemon meringue.



On my last Friday off, we visited the ABQ museum of natural history. Saw some dinosaur bones and other natural stuff. The most interesting part was watching a imax type movie of ancient Greece. Amongst other beautiful footage of Greece and ruins, they showed a computer generated rendering of Athena's temple, but I think it would have been easier to just show the replica that's in Nashville, TN :)


The other interesting part of the museum was a set of displays about the early days of the pc. I didn't know that Microsoft was actually founded here in ABQ. Then Bill and Paul came to their senses and moved to Wash. I say good for us as housing would be much more expensive with a bunch of computer geeks around here. Another tidbit: Bill Gates real contribution to software was the idea that it could be sold, not shared. This upset contemporaries, but I'd say it worked out pretty well for him. For us??????

Speaking of computers, here's my new work laptop. Pretty small.

1 comment:

Mrs. Overbeek said...

I'm very impressed...that pie looks professional!