Monday, April 16, 2007

What Saul failed to mention

Thanks, everybody, for the comments and prayers! More injections today (Wednesday). They made me sick for a couple of days last time, so I'll likely be mostly out of the game for a little while.

_________________

"Saul's uncle said, 'Please tell me what Samuel said to you.' So Saul said to his uncle, 'He told us plainly that the donkeys had been found.' But he did not tell him about the matter of the kingdom which Samuel had mentioned."

--I Samuel 10: 15-16

So as not to be guilty of failing to say what's been most on our minds recently, I'll just mention that Chad and I are recovering now from an ectopic (tubal) pregnancy. Almost from when I first found out that I was pregnant, the doctor didn't like the way my hormone levels were behaving, and a week ago Monday we found out for sure that it was ectopic. A baby implanted in the fallopian tube can't survive, and eventually it will cause the tube to rupture, so I had to get injections to make me miscarry. This was sad for us, but we're thanking God that it was caught early, and also that Chad's mom and dad and his sister and her two girls were all here last week to help us through. They took care of me and distracted me, and it was very good.

Here are a few pictures from their visit:
Blowing big bubbles at Explora in downtown Albuquerque.
Milkshakes and green-chile-bleu-cheesburgers at the Route 66 Malt Shop.

Kickin' it at home.

Coming soon: Chad's blog debut. He's got lots to say if you can get him talking.

8 comments:

Tim said...

Jill, I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. I appreciate your writing about it so we can better pray for Chad and you.

I look forward to reading Chad's blog when he gets the time to start it up.

Summer said...

Yes, Jill, thanks for sharing this. You are in our prayers and on our hearts.

Jennifer said...

Chad and Jill, we are so sad for your loss. You are in our prayers.

I'm glad to hear that the visit with family went well. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

Tarik Saleh said...

Jill,

Ack. I am so sorry...
Hope you are feeling better and getting healthier.

Keep on writing.

Tarik

Mrs. Overbeek said...

Jill, we were so sorry to read about this. It seems that we have much to be in prayer about right now. We will be praying for you.

Lisa Martinez said...

Jill
We really enjoyed our visit. Anna and Erin were excited to be on you blog. I hope you recover fast! Our prayers are with you.

Anonymous said...

Jill and Chad, we're so very sorry to hear about this, as well. Our hearts ache for your hurt, but we hope and trust that God will make His care known to you in this difficult time.

Anonymous said...

Jill - Thank you for being willing to share even the painful parts of your life. I am so sorry for your loss. You've been in my prayers since last fall, so I'm going to keep on praying!
God's peace to you and Chad.